Texas CHL - Tips and Articles
- "Senate approves revolver OR semi-auto, confirms BB Gun ownership"
“This bill says you can qualify with either, and then carry either,” Sen. Craig Estes
- "The Gun Control Lie"
“There are some very good, honest, sincere people who promote gun control, but unfortunately these misguided souls are steeped in emotion and inculcated with the never ending lies of the professional gun haters."
- "Can Police Take Guns From Those in Mental Crisis"
“Police would have new authority to take firearms away from Texans who are in a mental crisis..."
- "Can I Carry at a School Board Meeting in Texas?"
"...the general consensus is "probably not a good idea.""
- "When Mass Killers Meet Armed Resistance - Pearl High School, MS"
"There would be no further victims that day, Thanks to Armed Resistance."
- "When Mass Killers Meet Armed Resistance - Appalachian Law School, Grundy, VA"
"When the shooter realized they had the drop on him he threw his weapon down."
- "A Brief History of Violence in US Schools"
"Law says you can’t (carry a gun)? . . .here are some dead people who would love to be living outlaws."
- "A Letter To The Editor of The Austin American Statesman"
"by Jerry Patterson, Texas Land Commissioner"
- "Terminal Ballistics, Shot Placement, and Tough Adversaries..."
"by Dr. Ignatious Piazzo, Founder and Director, Front Sight"
- "GUN SAFETY Brochure
A Parents Guide to Firearm Safety for Children"
- "Child Fatality Statistics."
- "Know Your Rights"
Tips on how to respectfully conduct yourself during police contact.
- "Your Social OBLIGATION to Carry Concealed"
- "When Being a Good Guy Isn't Enough"
- "Situational Awareness"
- "Your DUTY to Carry Concealed..."
- "Eight Tactical Advantages you NEED to have ..."
- "Office Shootings & What to Do..."
- "10 Basics of Safe Gun Handling"
- "Practice Carrying Concealed."
- "What does a 30.06 sign look like?"
- "Man Attacked By Pit Bulls in Kirkland Park, Opens Fire"
"If I didn't have my gun - I'd be dead right now,"
- "Texas 82nd Legislature Bill Introductions"
Session is 140 days, from Jan 11, 2011 to Monday, May 30, 2011.
- "I Was Anti-Gun, Until I Got Stalked"
Freelance writer Jennifer Willis
- "Elderly Woman Shoots 12-Year-Old Boy"
Boy Is Charged With Crime, Woman Is Not
- "Pizza Hutt Employee Shoots 2 of 3 Robbers"
Does your business or place of employment allow concealed carry?
- "Grandfather Shoots 2 Burglary Suspects in Home"
The best babysitter award goes to...
- "Malden Mom is Glad Son Had Gun"
...she is grateful her son was armed with his licensed handgun at the time.
- "Customer Shoots Suspect in Liquor Store Robbery"
Communities are safer from the victimization of criminals when we protect each other!
- "Woman Uses Gun To Scare Off Robber at Izzy's in Hazel Dell, WA"
Do you carry everywhere? Or do you know when you will and won't be approached or attacked?
- "Austin Panhandler Stabs Man and Woman Who Would Not Give Her Money"
Are you prepared to defend yourself or a loved one when you least expect it?
- "Court's Gun Decision An Important Win"
for Americans Who Want to Defend Themselves
- "Changes To Miranda Rights - Texas Law Shield News"
You have the right to remain silent...(or do you?)
- "Harris County Deputy's Son Shoots One of Two Intruders"
15-year-old and sister, 12, were alone when pair entered, so he got dad's rifle
- "Houston Taco Stand Owner Kills Tip Jar Thief"
- "Teenager Shot While Allegedly Trying To Rob a Taco Stand:"
- "Knife-Wielding Attacker Shot Dead"
"Witnesses say the man chased a delivery driver and others, but was killed when he tried to lunge his knife at one driver leaving the parking lot."
- "Monroe Couple Describe How They Fought Off Armed Man"
"You awake to a strange man in your bedroom who is armed with a gun and baseball bat...What should you do? "
- "The Gun Debate"
"A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a forced monopoly."
- "Hudspeth County Sheriff tells Citizens to Arm Themselves"
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
- "Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia"
(Crime Rate Plummets)
- "Open Carry Deters Armed Robbery"
- "Why We Shouldn't Fear an End to the Ban on Guns In National Parks"
- "Another Church Shooting..."
(a list of just the most publicized attacks on churches)
- "Why Carry a Handgun?"
(because a whole police officer is too heavy!)
- "As Concealed Carry Permits Rise, Police-Officer Killings Decline"
- "More Guns, Less Crime in '09"
("new guns on the street"...another liberal scare cliché...)
- "Why EVERY Man Should be Armed!"
(a message from Frontsight founder, Dr. Ignatius Piazza)
- "North Austin Duplex Subject of Home Invasion - Austin, TX"
- "Two Arrested in Mall Parking Lot Robbery - The Woodlands, TX"
(The Woodlands Mall - How close to home is this?)
- "Man Pulls Gun on Kids Who Rang Doorbell - Austin, TX"
(A good example for children and homeowners to reflect upon.)
- "Intruder Shot And Killed By Lincoln Co. Homeowner - OK"
(with link to 911 call)
- "Animal Control Officer Mauled By Pit Bulls - NJ"
(Concealed Carry is not JUST for the bad guys)
- "CHL Holder Saves Store Grocery Store patrons - Richmond, VA"
- "College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader: Atlanta, GA"
May 05, 2009
- "Man Was Shot and Killed by His Ex-wife - Redmond, OR..."
- "Home Invasion - Dayton, OH"
- "CHL Holder Saves Store Manager's Life - Kansas City, MO"
- "Pregnant Shotgun Owner Reasons with Home Intruder"
- "Two Brothers Defend Home Against Repeat Offender"
- "83 Year Old Veteran Saves Four in His Home"
- "Intoxicated Intruder Discouraged by Gun Owner"
- "Armed Driver and Baggy Pants Thwart Carjacking"
- "Homeowner Decides on Self Protection Tool Upgrade"
- "Home Invaders Aren't Always Human"
- "Intruder Charges Armed Homeowner"
- "Would-Be Robber Charged With Accomplice's Death"
- "World War II Veteran Fights Home Invader"